New York is the most populous city in the United States and the center of the New York Metropolitan Area, one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the world. New York City consists of five boroughs, each of which is a state county : The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.
Must-sees in New York
South of Manhattan (1 day)
- Take the subway to Chambers Street
- World Trade Center
- Century 21 Department Store (22 Cortlandt Street, New York, NY 10007), Find some good clothes very cheap there!
- Go to New Jersey (Pumphouse Park) and walk along the boardwalk to Battery Park
- Take the Ferry to Liberty Island and visit the Statue of Liberty
- Ferry to Ellis Island and visit the museum
- Go back to Manhattan and walk to Wall Street (Financial District)
- Cross the Brooklyn Bridge (if possible during the sunset)
- Two options, either find a restaurant in Brooklyn or in South Street
Central Park (1 day)
- While exiting the 5th Ave, go up to Central Park
- Saint-Patrick Cathedral
- Take the principal entry to Central Park Street
- Find the big rocks in Central Park!
- Walk around the small lake
- If you are hungry, try the Levain Bakery
- You can easily spend an afternoon to the Metropolitain Museum
- (Bonus : Guggenheim)
Chinatown, Little Italy, NoLita, Soho (1 day)
High Line in Chelsea, Empire State Building, (MOMA) (1 day)
- South Street Seaport, South St and Fulton to Water Street
- Cookies at the Levain Bakery, 167 West 74th Street, New York, NY 10023
- The Loeb Central (dans Central Park), un peu cher mais bon c’est quand même la classe à Dallas.
- Salad close to the Carter Hotel are pretty good and cheap
- Times Square (M&M’s, Yankees, …)
- Broadway Show. Between 6:00 and 6:30pm under the stairs in Times Square you can find a small agency named TKTS, they sell tickets for some broadway shows (discount). Between $60 and $70 for a ticket but it worth it.
- Want to have an amazing night in a club : Try to go there : http://www.230-fifth.com (go to the rooftop and have a drink in front of the Empire States Building)